Re: LOCKED PANEL

Not real theft.

In all cases though the stickers were put on my panels without the homeowner
selling the house's knowledge or consent. I know because in all cases I also
did the seller's new home and they knew nothing about it (loyal clients that
have been with us for years and years).

You know realtors...anything for a buck.

"Doug" <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> [...]
customers.
| Once its installed and paid for on a purchase agreement, the original
| customer or
| future homeowners should be able to choose whatever company they want to
| monitor the system. Isn't that your philosophy?
|
| I'm sorry, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers but I see a double
standard
| here,  you tend to scream bloody
| murder whenever a customer hasn't read their contract and is locked in by
| the Borg or a new homeowner wants to use a system owned by ADT, and here
we
| have customers exercising their right to choose or recomend an alarm
company
| and
| you accuse the Borg of theft.
|
| Write to the BBB and tell them what? That the customer or their agent put
| sticker on their own property recommending a different alarm company for
| service?
|
| You can't have it both ways.
|
| Doug
|
| "tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > Jees, that is almost thievery. I knew Brinks was another of the mass
| > marketers with all their usual questionable tactics, but I didn't
| > think they would resort to out and out theft !! Do they have
| > dealers? .....if so, maybe it was a rogue dealer. Perhaps you should
| > write them directly and insist they stop this kind of thing in your
| > area. At the very least, advise the Better Business Bureau. Cripes !
| >
| > One thing I find helpful is to put decals on all my installations and
| > takeovers. One decal has all my contact information on it and the
| > other all the relevant billing information. Customers find it very
| > handy - either the ones in the home who can't find your number for
| > service, and the new owners when they need it hooked up. And if your
| > rate structure is good, they won't likely go any further in calling
| > around.
| >
| > RHC
| >

| > On Sep 4, 11:21 am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| > wrote:
| >> Worse than that!
| >>
| >> I've had client's homes get sold with MY system in the house (no one
ever
| >> notifies us), my decals, my lawnsigns - Brinks must have an "in" with
| >> realtors because they put decals "Call BRINKS for Service etc..." on my
| >> boxes (they even put them on my beautiful keypads). I know because I
get
| >> called by the NEW homeowner AFTER Brinks has been there an wanted to
sell
| >> them a new system, new service contract, (remove MY working system). My
| >> guess is the realtor gets a little "taste" for every house they
convert.

| >> Takes me 10 minutes to reprogram the system and get the new people back
| >> online with the existing working system I originally installed.

| >> |
| >> |
| >> |

| >> owners.