Re: PTZ Dome Recommendations

The new autodome is great. The http://www.autodome.com/ is great too. It
makes getting the right part number to order a lot easier.

> Also, has anyone had issues using Cat5e for the RS432?

I don't know about RS432. I have heard of RS232, RS422, RS485 but not RS432.
What are you going to use to control the dome? If it is a DiBos you can just
use up the coax controls, if there is coax there now and you don't want to
run new wire. Otherwise you should use the wire type the manufacturer specs
for the communication protocol you plan to use. Bilinx or Bi-Phase are Bosch
PTZ control protocols. If you're using a video switch that doesn't use those
protocols, you may need to use a Bi-Phase converter to get all the features
out of the dome.