Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

On May 4, 1:22 pm, Picklesheimer <n...@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > The contract for the home has absolutely nothing to do with the alarm
> > company.
>
> ????
> you really are confused aren't you.
> if you will look above you will see that you wrote "then I should be
> going after the seller of the house for selling me a system he didn't
> own."
> to which I said "maybe, maybe not. again, read the contract.  did you
> buy the house as is?"  [this means read the contract from where you
> bought the house to see if the owner screwed you]
> See where I said nothing about the alarm company?

Well I apologize for misunderstanding you.  Every post you made up to
this point was about the contract with the alarm company, so it's not
surprising I assumed that's still what you were talking about.

> >The home contract transferred the land, home itself, and all
> > contents to me.  All items were guaranteed functional for a period of
> > 1 year, and labor put into making our requested changes for a period
> > of 90 days.  The contract included wording for the alarm and garage
> > door opener, which was added at our request.  Why keep pulling up old
> > posts?  If tit for tat is what you call you repeatedly insulting me
> > and me calmly explaining why you're wrong, then yes, that's enough.
>
> Ok, so if I'm wrong that industry standard contract wording states that
> the COMPANY retains ownership of the part that contains the PROPRIETARY
> INFORMATION [which I'm not] then why don't you have a working system?
> ANSWER:  I'm not wrong!

So you say.  You still have no idea for certain what happened and the
company involved is itself specifically and in no uncertain terms
telling me otherwise.

> > Wow, that was a big diversion.  So now you're suggesting I send off a
> > board you claim I can't own in order to lock out who you claim must be
> > the rightful owners?
>
> even hand holding doesn't help you, does it.
> THEY ABANDONED IT!
> IT IS NOW IN YOUR POSSESSION.
> YOU CAN DO AS YOU LIKE WITH IT!
> YOU CANNOT FORCE THEM TO WORK ON IT UNLESS YOU SIGN THEIR CONTRACT AND
> PAY THEM!

What would then qualify as abandoned?  In researching this, I found at
least a handful of threads where the alarm company later wanted their
equipment back and when the owner couldn't provide it years later, the
company billed them for its replacement.  And I don't know where
you're getting all this "you can't force them to do stuff" nonsense.
I asked them, I offered to pay them, they said 'no', and I stopped
talking to them.  Do you see "tried to force" anywhere in there?  This
goes for the contract stuff below as well.

> If you want one so bad just sign up and get one.  Again nobody has to do
> anything you want just because you want them to.  They don't have to
> give you free service or a free contract.  That freedom stuff cuts both
> ways.  Are you a commy?  You think Bass will give you a free board?  No
> he will just help you bad mouth legit alarmcos.  good luck

See above.  Also, I would have offered to reimburse their time and
postage to send their standard blank contract, but it never got that
far.  You're acting like I was expecting to get something for free all
along, and this was never the case.  Even as far back as the first
page you can see that I offered to pay for their time and was
rebuffed.  I went out of my way to determine ownership of the system.
Either you're right and they're lying to me, or they're right being
obtuse about correcting it, and at this point I could care less which
option is correct as it would be stupid to use their service given
their behavior.  It sounds more like you have an axe to grind with
Robert that I expect you should take up with him directly.