Re: Having the Big C you see who your friends are

> Agreed  we may not be friends but where the best of enemys :)

I'm not your enemy.  Never have been.  We disagree on
some things that might seem like a big deal but they're not
important at all compared to this stuff.

I don't know how much personal research you've been doing,
Nick.  When I got sick the first thing I did was seek out the best
medical help I could find.  For me it was a good surgeon here
in Sarasota and then Moffitt Cancer Research hospital in
Tampa.  They're rated on a par with M.D. Anderson.

Next I decided to learn everything I could about cancer, treatment
options, prognosis, etc.  I was fortunate.  They caught it before
it spread too much and the surgery/chemo apparently worked.
Your situation is more dire than mine but there is hope.  There's
a lot of work being done with something called IMRT (stands
for "Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy").  This involves
using a 3-D scan to control the power of the radiation beam to
precisely hit the tumor with little effect on non-cancerous tissue.