Re: Telular Telguard TG-1 & TG-4 Service Pricing

> After all these years I feel certain Bass
> can parse out what is alcohol and what
> is really Graham.

I minored in psychology in college.

> I don't think Graham has been as
> successful at facing those issues himself
> as he would like, but to his credit he
> seems to be game for the struggle...

I don't think so.  Cracker falls off the wagon
on a pretty regular basis.  The problem is
he's not just addicted to alcohol and drugs.
He still likes getting stoned.  As long as he
enjoys it he's never going to seek real help.

While doing volunteer work many years
ago I counseled prisoners with drug and
alcohol problems.  The vast majority never
admit that their problems are *their*
problems.  Like Cracker, they blame
everyone but themselves.  After a few
years most of them get out.  Within a few
more years most are back in prison again.
Cracker's prison may not have bars on it
but he's imprisoned just the same.

> It would be easy to fault Bass for mentioning
> all that to barb Graham, but it seems that
> since some here like to taunt Bass about
> his health issues, and cheer him on to the
> next life, I feel Bass has the right to take the
> gloves off for nearly anyone that rattles his
> cage...

Even approaching the cage may generate a
response.  :^)

> Let's face it, Bass seems to even enjoy a
> good dust up with some others here now
> and then...

Me?  Like a good fight?  Naah.  :^)

> However, I hope that in Bass' private
> moments Graham may be included in
> whatever prayers Bass has to offer up,
> and visa versa...

I can't honestly say I've prayed for Cracker
lately.  However, I don't really wish him any
ill.  He's like Jiminex in that regard.  I just
don't care what happens to him.

> Since I fall in the very far from perfect
> class...

Careful.  Such admissions in ASA may
lead to a full assault by the usual suspects.

> let me put in a greedy plug for myself that
> both be generous enough to include me
> too. It seems that Bass and Graham,
> although facing different issues, could both
> use some better luck and some firmer footing facing life's challenges.

Luck is only one issue.  The difference with
me is that when I found out I was sick I
immediately took action.  I put everything
else on hold and devoted myself to beating
cancer.  No way am I going to give up
without a fight.  It has been painful beyond
belief, exhausting and frustrating.  After
surgery and months of chemo, they now
say my odds of survival are decent.  Only
time will tell but the fact is none of us
really knows how long we have.

Cracker's attitude is that his problems are
everyone else's fault.  He blames the loss
job after job on people who don't understand
him.  He blames his drinking on his fears.
He blames his drug addiction on doctors
who keep writing prescriptions for him.
Because he refuses to face his problems
and seek real help he's doomed to repeat
the binges.  He says stupid things in front
of customers and co-workers (according to
his former associates) so often that his
bosses are always looking for an excuse to
fire him.

Cracker is afraid of even the simplest things
in everyday life like driving in traffic, meeting
strangers, etc.  He hides from these fears by
staying up drinking all night.  Come morning
he's too hung over to work so he calls in sick.
This happens often enough to give his
employers the excuse they need and he
gets fired once again.

Every time he loses a job he goes on an
extended binge of drugs and alcohol again.
The cycle is self-perpetuating.  Cracker is
the only one with the power to change his
life.  Unfortunately, he's too weak and too
stupid to make the right decision.  If he
wasn't such an obnoxious jerk it would be
sad.