Re: First Alert Fa 148c programming

FA147C - proprietary board for Guardian/Pittsburgh.  Defaults to their CS
and download #'s, also dialer is more robust in some way, as the 147C will
dial an extension on my PBX (Executone IDS) where a 20P will not break dial
tone consistently - no clue why but verified by installing two different
20P's in the can where the 147C was happy.
Guardian no longer uses the 147C, a 6 zone residential panel (similar to the
Vista 15), but has switched to the FA168C (a proprietary 20P), which will
also dial an extension on my PBX. As will the FA1600C, I've got 6 of those
as well.

The dialer thing drove me crazy a couple of years ago, but I am resigned to
buying FA boards or kits from Guardian, and choking when I see what they
list for at ADI.  At least it is company money, not mine!

Rick