Re: Good news for US -- Secure Fence Act of 2006

Bass said:

>The project is a waste anyway.  They'll just tunnel under it or ram
>through it like they do all the time in places where there already is a
>fence.

Therefore, we should just disband the Border Patrol, since the illegals
will just come in anyway?

Fences work great, if you build a good enough fence.   The Great Wall of
China, for example.

>The real reason that Bush is willing to put up this fence is to appease
>his xenophobic, right-wing, Republican base who hate Mexicans and most
>other immigrants (never mind the fact that virtually all of them are
>descendants of immigants).

Yeah, what the hell, let's just stand by and do nothing while tens of
millions of illegal aliens invade our country.  After all, if I come home
some night and find a stranger in my living room, I should let him stay,
because "all he wants to do is sleep."

Tens of millions of Mexicans sneak across the border, and eventually, we
give them amnesty.  Meanwhile, they breed like rabbits, and all their kids
are automatically U.S. citizens, because the kids were born here.  It's not
only an invasion, but a geometrically increasing influx.

Like all the pro-illegal groups, you lump legal and illegal immigrants into
one category, and then say that America is a nation of immigrants.  The
point is, American citizens should control how much immigration is allowed.
We shouldn't let the illegal aliens make that determination.

Billions of people throughout the world would dearly love to come to the
United States and work.  They can't all live here.  Seal the borders, and
let Americans decide how many immigrants they are willing to let into this
country.  It is, after all, our country, not theirs.

- badenov