Re: Pickup Truck tool box recommendations

> Yeah, I really should look into that.  I don't want to ask >MY insurance
> company or I'll get whammied!

I don't know where you guys are buying insurance but the last couple of
times I tried buying insurance at an insurance office they always take a
picture of the vehicle for the files.  If the truck had any sign or ladder
or toolbox or any radios inside they wouldn't offer you anything except
commercial insurance.

They said they would check for these things if you had any accident and
didn't have a commercial policy.  At Geico they looked out the window and
saw my truck and said no thanks - we don't write insurance for contractors.
I said I'm not a contractor and she says only contractors buy pickups with a
long bed and your truck has a long bed so we wouldn't be interested.

At another place where I had bought insurance for years the gal came out and
looked in the bed of my truck and saw a ladder and said they could only
quote a commercial policy.

The standard policy is some $1200. a year but a commercial policy is around
$250. a month for the least coverage.  The girl says we will not pay your
claim if we think you are using the truck for commercial purposes period
unless you have a commercial policy.

So I went online and got esurance and am now in my third or fourth year with
them and they never questioned anything although they do make it clear they
don't cover commercial vehicles if they find out you have one.

I just got rid of my high dollar silverado and bought the small toyota so I
could knock down the high costs of service calls and now I wonder what the
hell took me so long.  Every time you buy a tank of gas you save almost $50.
and it drives like a sportscar with the crossbox on it.  However putting a
top on the back along with a ladder rack has turned out to be a big problem