Re: why ground an alarm panel.

"bdolph" <bdolph@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:grDtf.1928$Hl6.496@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Ahhh, the controversy continues.
>
> Also, remember that the manufacuter's installation instructions call for
> a ground to be made.  If for some reason you have a performance
> liability issue down the road with the install, this could come into
> play since you did not follow the manufacturer's guidelines for doing a
> correct installation.

This part of the business falls on deaf ears Bob. Very seldom do alot of
these installers think about potential liability issues. One law suit would
sink the majority of the small companies in this country. I would bet that
most are under insured, if they even have the proper insurance at all, their
service records are neatly cataloged on the dashboard of their truck (a few
coffee stains don't matter), and they would have to look in the yellow pages
for an attorney if and when that time comes. "Proactive rather than
reactive". It is interesting how this philosophy runs true, from the
installation methods through to the administrative functions of the company.