Re: Remote construction site monitoring.

So far the technology looks good. I see that Dewalt and GM/Tattletale offers
an annual monitoring contract. I am concerned about the monitoring programs
anyway. Since many municipalities have adopted the  position that unless
there is visual verification of the burglary by a human, they won't send out
a police officer to investigate.
I guess you all here would know about that but if it is true, why have the
monitoring in the first place? Why not just have the device call a list of
numbers and play a recorded message?
Will the monitoring services that support the cellburst monitoring
technology just call a phone and/or send a text message to a cell phone or
pager?
Will they do that cheaper?

I found a GE Simon system (don't laugh now...) that has a built-in dialer
that uses the Sky Web (Skytel) wireless service to call your phone and play
a message to you and out of its speaker.

https://www.alarm.com/welcome/general/gen1-1.asp?gclid=CJHd_66G04YCFQmqWAodt

Goofy huh?

Anyhow, I have done a bunch of investigating and see there is no real easy
solution but we may test a Tattletale or Dewalt unit depending on the
monitoring rates and if we can get a discount for phone notification only.

Thanks for your help!

-Kevin