Re: NAPCO NO LONGER REPLACING KNOWN DEFECTIVES

> Bob La Londe wrote:
> > "Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > Bob,
> > >
> > > Did you get your P1632 board replaced yet???
> > >
> > > Russ
> >
> > Nope.  When I business slows down in January I'll shop the various
> > manufacturers again and see if I can find one that is as responsive as
Scott
> > was when he worked for Napco.
> >
> > --
> > Bob La Londe
> >

> Bob, just a comment.
>
> Through the years here, I've noticed that you've had problems with
> various Mfg and suppliers. I'm sure everyone does, now and then. Don't
> you have any concern about having a lot of different mfgs panels and
> equpment out in the field?  I've had a few problems with Napco, other
> mfgs, distributors, etc. through the years, but I've worked them out or
> overlooked them because they were not THAT significant to make it worth
> the trouble of having multiple mfgs to service. Doesn't this present a
> problem to you?. It's also a detriment to selling the
> business....someday.

You have a valid point, but support is an issue.  I used DSC when I first
started my business.  It was ok, but then they went to a proprietary
distribution setup through Tri-Ed.  I dropped them and went to FBII.  They
took very good care of me until the did the same thing and my rep. Greg
Cortina quit and went to work for Radionics.  Then no or lousy service.  I
had been using FBII products for atleast a couple years.  That was the last
time I had to shop for a new main panel line.  Scott Jones took very good
care of me, and even told me to call him direct 24/7 on his cell if I
couldn't get through to tech support if I had a problem.  Since Scott quit
and went to work for Alarmax I just haven't gotten the same customer care I
used to get.  I even got stiffed out of a control panel on a model home
program a couple years ago.  My rep is simpley non-responsive.  What do I
do?  I look for a company that will take care of me.  Over all I like the
Napco Gemini line of products and it works well for me.  I have been using
them for quite a number of years and I have a lot of them out there.
Beleive me.  Deciding to shop for another MFG is not something I take
lightly.  It is expensive in then having to provide support for another line
as well as training personnel.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner