Latest message you have seen: File - groupmoving.txt

RE: xplrionet scanning question

Hi Jim,

> I just installed xplrionet - great software, thanks!
>
> I've got one question... I can't get the scanner to scan my
> network mapped drives.  The drives are mounted as X: and W:,
> and the server is a linux based media server.

You will need to specify the paths as UNC paths.

E.g. \\servername\sharename rather than just x:\

The reason for this is that xPLRioNet runs as a service, so it can't see
your network mapped drives.

Also, depending on how your Linux PC is configured for permissions, you
may need to configure the xPLRioNet service to run as a user that has
rights to access it.

To do this, go into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->
Services.
Right-click on xPLRioNet and hit Properties.
On the Logon tab, you can specify the user that xPLRioNet will run as.

HTH,

John