Latest message you have seen: File - groupmoving.txt

Re: Re: RS485 - XPL on the wire

Hi Mal
Just had a look at that Guys ASM code I  assumed that a uart
would be needed for the dmx output....He just bit bangs it out.....

It looks like it could be done easily using a 16f876....my only concern
would be processing the incoming xpl message which in my setup is interrupt
driven...and can only process info after all channels has been updated....I
think it would also fit into a 16f88 (4k?) .....

When you say that dmx units are a lot cheaper than cbus dimmers how much
are
they ???

Would people purchase Dmx units for their lighting control ???

If i can pick one up cheap i would have a go at xpLling it........

Also does dmx have an  All channels ON / OFF  command ??? if not would some
channel numbers have to be reserved for these functions

Below is what i would assume to be an xPL Dmx command..???looks ok ???

*********
xpl-cmnd
{
hop=1