Latest message you have seen: Re: Reviving the xPL Schema definition discussion

RE: Targeted Osd Messages - Small bug in the App

  • Subject: RE: Targeted Osd Messages - Small bug in the App
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:27:00 +0000

little more to it that than that!

The behaviour of an xPL application should be:

1) Targetted message at someone else, ignore it
2) Targetted message at me, act on it, always
3) Broadcast message, act on it if it matches the filters (as Tony
describes)

There's a wee bug in the PC OSD app: the xPL framework supports thee
configuration flags in the code:

'Set Other Options
xPL.PassCONFIG = False
xPL.PassHBEAT = False
xPL.PassNOMATCH = False

These should be set to false for about 99% of apps, it's a common
pitfall, and one that I did as well on my xpl Volume control.

I have recompiled the PC OSD with these flags set right, and the
behaviour is exactly as it should be now :)

Pete, do you have a newer version, or will I post the recompiled version
to the xplproject.org.uk website?

Ian.