Latest message you have seen: Re: xpl devices

Reading Binary files

  • Subject: Reading Binary files
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:10:00 +0000

Hi all,

Need some advise please

I need to read the receiver.arf file into vb .net

In vb6 it's a simple case of opening in binary mode and using get, works a
treat

But in .net it's got me beat

Everything I try either returns nothing or returns a 512 byte block all
concertinaed up with the null bytes missing.

Using the binary reader works, but after about 2mb of reading it complains
the buffer has overflowed (haven't a clue what it's on about)

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be extremely grateful. It's driving me nuts!

Many thanks
Tony