Latest message you have seen: Re: Quick schema queries

RE: Re: Link to previous version of xPLRioNet?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Link to previous version of xPLRioNet?
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:50:05 +0100

> When I put 3.6c on last night, the Rio got to the "Dell
> initializing" screen on the first attempt, but hung there. So
> according to your note, that means it was at least attempting
> to boot, right?

I would think so

> I'm reasonably sure that I've got the xml
> config files set up correctly. The only thing I notice is
> that the DNS info (the IP address) that I enter seems to be
> changed by the software to the IP of my router after I
> attempt to run it once.

Can you expand on this please?

The ip address in the xplrionet.xml is the ip of the server, and the
software never (and can't) change this. So I'm unsure which address you
mean.

If you could let me know the ip of router & xplrionet pc & subnet
mask used
and forward a copy (offlist) of the xplrionet.xml, clients.xml I'll take a
look.

> The other odd behavior is that the service often hangs when I
> try to stop/restart it and I get an error message that it
> failed to respond in time, or something to that effect. I'll
> try another clean install today and see if that helps.

Until all the error trapping is in the server this can happen if the rio(s)
is on, but not responding properly. I've only seen this 2 or 3 times
though.

Thanks
Tony