Latest message you have seen: RE: xPL - Front End

Re: xPLRioNet Beta v3.6b Released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Beta v3.6b Released
  • From: Mike <n5pwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 08:23:30 -0500

Tony Tofts wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> I can only assume there was a change in 3.5d (as you went from 3.5c to
> 3.6b).

Yes, I 'assume' the same thing. Not sure EXACTLY what the problem was
but the 2X4 between the eyes of uninstalling and reinstalling appears to
have cleared it up.

> I decided to include only the xplrionet.exe and rio.bin in the update
> package, as people are changing things like the web pages and I didn't
want
> to get them accidentally overwritten.
>
> This was probably a mistake, and I'll go back to the same update
package as
> before.

Please, don't make a change to the process just because I had trouble.
If others had problems also, then OK. When I was doing previous updates
I usually only extracted the exe and bin files and whatever other files
you recommended in the notes. That seemed to work fine. Somewhere on the
upgrade from 3.5c to 3.6b I screwed up. It is corrected now and appears
to be working fine.

I still have certain streams that play for a while and then drop. I have
to go select the stream again from the list. It will not pickup from
just clicking the PLAY link. Others play fine so I 'assume' that there
is something in those particular streams are causing the problem.