Latest message you have seen: Re: audio.basic schema question

RE: Events list

  • Subject: RE: Events list
  • From: John B
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 20:33:00 +0000

> > How about just having a way of selecting an X10 device and
> > having a list of everything that related to it, e.g. You
> > select A1, and you get a list of all the events or subs that
> > effect A1. That way all the on, off, and any other events
> > would be grouped together.
>
> Not sure I follow.
> No wait, I think I do...

To clarify: I have a light, with the X10 address of C2.

At dusk, it comes on, triggered by a light sensor which sends out an xPL
message.
At 11:00 it is dimmed over a 30 minute period, and at midnight it is turned
off.

At the moment, the dim and off events show up in the events list, but the
on at
dusk doesn't, because it's not a recurring event.

By having this "group events" feature, xPLHal would scan all
scripts for C2
instructions and would come up with all the references to the device,
therefore
all three events (on at dusk, dim and off) would be grouped together.

Hope that makes sense!

Regards,

John