Latest message you have seen: Re: Vendor ID

xap-x10 schema question about possible mistakes in the schema

  • Subject: xap-x10 schema question about possible mistakes in the schema
  • From: "jlgalindo" <domonet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:24:21 -0000

Hi group,

I'm trying to create a connector for my CM11 and when I'm coding the
xap-x1=
0 schema from www.xapautomation.org maybe I found a pair of mistakes in
it.=
=20

I hope somebody in the group can help me.

The first question is:=20
Is this the latest version for the xap-x10 schema? Where can I found the
la=
test schema?

The second question is:
The most used commands are ON, OFF, DIM, BRIGHT, ALL_LIGHTS_ON,
ALL_LIGHTS_=
OFF and ALL_UNITS_OFF, but the schema also has an annotation for the other
=
commands defined in the X10 protocol, these are:

=95hail_req=20
=95hail_ack=20
=95preset_dim_1=20
=95preset_dim_2=20
=95status_on=20
=95status_off=20
=95status_req=20
=95ext_data=20

But there is one command defined in the X10 protocol, that is not defined
i=
n the xap-x10 schema, this is "EXTENDED CODE". This command
appear to be si=
milar to "EXTENDED DATA" ("ext_data" in xap-x10
schema), so I assume that "=
EXTENDED CODE" may be "ext_code" in the xap-x10 schema, but
it's not define=
d.

About extended data and extended code commands and events, there will be
ne=
cessary another field/s in the message body, because these commands has
two=
additional bytes of data (for example data and type).

This will be an example for a xap-x10 message body from an extended
command=
:

xap-x10.event
{
command=3Dext_code
device=3DA1 (list of X10 devices)
data=3D16 (8 bit value)
type=3D1 (8 bit value)
}

So, if I'm right there will be necessary to:
- add ext_code to the xap-x10 schema
- define the name of the fields for the data bytes for the extended code
an=
d extended data commands and events.

Regards
Jose Luis