Latest message you have seen: Re: Vendor ID

Re: LogTemp with xAP released

Hi Mikko,

I haven't myself had an opportunity to try your application but it
looks most useful.  However one user has done so and he has encountered
some problems with the xAP TSC implemenation.  I do appreciate that xAP
TSC is quite new and hence there are very few supportive applications
that you will have been able to test against so it's very
understandable.     I'd be very happy to work with you to try and get
the schema compliant with the draft TSC specification, the main issue
being the way separate sensors are identified.

Also I've just put out a call to xAP Developers to try and improve
TSC support within their applications.   xAPBSC has almost ubiquitous
support and this has lead to near plug and play operation between xAP
applications.   It has also unfortunately lead to many people using
xAPBSC where in fact xAPTSC or some other schema is far more appropriate.

The situation is a little bit 'chicken & egg' so I hope that we can
make some moves forward now and get more universal support as without it
your application will have found little adoption by the xAP community.
Let's see what happens, I shall also update my applications to support
TSC directly.

Cheers Kevin

m.rintala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have released LogTemp (temperature etc. monitoring program) version
with xAP protocol. It's using TCS schema but still, I am not quite happy
with this.

> Since there are quite a lot of different schemas available,
> no standardization will take place. Everybody is using own  schemas to
fullfill their own needs, therefore there are no markets for common tools
etc.