Latest message you have seen: Re: xap-x10 schema question about possible mistakes in the schema

Re: xAP / xPL Gateway

  • Subject: Re: xAP / xPL Gateway
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 00:11:00 +0000

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:59:32 +0100, "Ian Lowe" <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Z0kbJZ-cLyuFfXtlmPLB-LohAMHvUSwqKkWPC_xA6JUKLfFquXsWqpWbpgMYIWNnzVAaPVPOSU-6UBHQ7QJm">ian@w...</a>>
wrote:

>> What will happen if there is already a xAP Hub running on the
system?

>There shouldn't be ;)

<grin> I hear you!

Your hub had better work right then cos I won't be able to use an
alternative if it doesn't will I? <cheeky evil grin>

>Well, the approach that we have taken in xPL is slightly more rigid.
There
>is one Hub on each PC, it's there all the time, and Apps only operate
as Hub
>clients.

Okey dokey!

>From an end user p.o.v. mucking about with "this app can be a
hub", or "this
>is a hub app" etc, is (imo) just too much hassle. The Hub is
installed as a
>seperate entity, and it's just there, as an always present service.

With my apps you don't even need that special Hub :-)) If there is
one, then great, everything continues to work.

For me this means I can just start that one application I want to run
and nothing else is required to be installed/configured/run-first.

The rest of the configuration stuff is optional if you know what
you're doing ie for me I guess :-p

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=OslfD1jxNrQEAlJk5H9h-lFW_EANMNlKaYEulOJAfsiWRwcUMP1GFf5H2bMYhhPjO1UBycsgVKmYVeldTk1o4EXc">stuart@x...</a>