Latest message you have seen: xAP on Andriod

Re: ntsvc.ocx error Windows 7

  • Subject: Re: ntsvc.ocx error Windows 7
  • From: "martrw" <martrw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 01:38:58 -0000

After many wrong turns down the maze, problem is resolved.  It appears
that you must right click on the icon in All Programs/Accessories for
Command Prompt to run command window as administrator.  This was a new
one to me.  Once command window is opened as administrator, navigate to
Windows/system32 and issue command regsvr32 ntsvc.ocx and the stars
align.

Rob
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin T <kevin@...> wrote:

> Well I did say I didn't have Windows 7 to try out on...
> I have googled registering ocx's in Windows 7, and have read some
solutions,
> not all of which seem completely sensible, and since I can't try them
out I
> cannot recommend a solution to registering the ocx
>
> However I have found in the past that if I place ntsvc.ocx in the same
> directory as the exe file(s) then this works.
>
> If anyone else has any other suggestions or experience, please post...
>

> KevinT
> On 4 September 2010 17:25, martrw martrw@... wrote:
>

> > Thanks Kevin
> >
> > I tried the following from your recommended link:
> >
> > *Place xapax.ocx and xapax.oca into the system folder
c:\windows\sysWOW64*
> > *Start a command prompt from the Acccessories directory running
it
as*
> > *administrator; That is, right click on the command prompt item
and
select
> > run as*
> > *admin*
> > *Do a cd in the command prompt window to change the directory to*
> > *c:\windows\syswow64*
> > *At the prompt type regsvr32 xapax.ocx and all should be well.*
> >

> > although my system is 32bit OS I created the syswow64 directory
under
> > C://windows/* and ran the registration command subbing
"ntsvc.ocx".
I also
> > copied in ntsvc.ocx to the new syswow64 directory and re- ran the
> > registration.  And since I think you have to continually back
winders out of
> > the ditch and try again, I ran the registration command from the
regular
> > system32 directory.  All received the error message:
> >
> > "The module "ntsvc.ocx" was loaded but the call to
DLLRegisterServer
failed
> > with error code 0x80040200"
> >

> > I'm thinking the whole point behind the syswow64 sleight-of-hand
is
> > enable redirection to system 32 dll's in a 64 bit OS?  My
guess...

> > Anyway, same error with xap Blue and Speech
> >
> > Rob
> >

> > --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin T kevin@ wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't have windows 7 but, Barry had a simialr proble with
xapax.ocx and
> > > made this post in the developer group

> > > try that and post back?
> > >
> > > KevinT