Latest message you have seen: Re: Raspberry Pi xAP Hub

Re: xAP on Internet & GSM to support telemedicine

  • Subject: Re: xAP on Internet & GSM to support telemedicine
  • From: "andrevdm" <andrevdm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 08:12:20 -0000

Kevin,

thanks - yes we are ready, everyone has soccer fever !!! you watching on
SKY ?

To answer you q, yes, over TCP and because it is simple and low cost to
adopt.

the idea is not to transfer larger messages initially, but only to send a
"warning" on those patients information that has changed, or
basic info on new patients that have been added.

The sequential numbering is a great idea which I will try. This will be
especially handy when having to go the GSM short message service route. Of
course this is only the case when TCP is not available.

What "better ways" do you suggest for the larger content messages
?

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
>     All ready for June 11th ?
>
>      Are you using a TCP transport for xAP ?
>
>      Not sure why you would select xAP for this purpose - what
specific
> advantage you chose it for - or is it because it's simple and low cost
> to adopt ?
>
>      There is no inbuilt xAP handling for data that exceeds the size
of
> one datagram (circa 1500 bytes)  We did discuss this and it is fairly
> easy to create xAP protocol level additions that achieve this by
> sequence numbers  (and maybe ACK requests)  in the header.  This also
> overlaps with a UDP missed packet recognition / recovery mechanism.
The