Latest message you have seen: Raspberry Pi xAP Hub

Re: Re: xMonitor test release 2

> The settings aren't saved using 'update' from the config settings
tab

> (can edit in manually)

It should save on update from both of teh config pages. The save
command is there.  Could the file have been locked by somethig else?

> Saving changes from the 'devices' tab takes you back to the config
> screen (probably ok but different to update)

The idea was that as you could modify all device at once you would't
need to go back and forward much so I sent it to the other config
screen on update as the config was finished. Can easily make it go
back to the device screen too.
> Main tab 'overview' screen doesn't AJAX update - is it supposed to ? (
> haven't looked at source yet )

No, it's just a boring static page. I actually find it very useful.
esp at tracking down a device that has grabbed the hub port!
> Could you pick up on the hbeat.stopped message for an immediate status
> change ?

01 didn't 02 does do this
> xAP message display window entitled 'thickbox'

Thickbox is a jquery plugin that does nice popups without leaving the
original page I presume you mean it's little titlebar and not that
it's not working, I can resend any xAP messages quite happily here?
I'll get the title bar to say the source of the message

cheers

James

On 6 Jun 2009, at 17:05, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> I had a couple of minor ones too J but you got that update out sooo
> quickly ;-)
>
> The settings aren't saved using 'update' from the config settings tab
> (can edit in manually)
> Saving changes from the 'devices' tab takes you back to the config
> screen (probably ok but different to update)
> Main tab 'overview' screen doesn't AJAX update - is it supposed to ? (
> haven't looked at source yet )
> Could you pick up on the hbeat.stopped message for an immediate status
> change ?
> xAP message display window entitled 'thickbox'
>
> cheers K
>
> James wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > yes good point It only sent lost messages when the last message
> was a
> > heartbeat. This is why hubs etc worked fine as they only send
> hbeats.
> > http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=47
> > <http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=47
> >
> > Should fix it.
> > BSC is always sent, you cant turn it off, the yes/nos on the
devices
> > screen are to enable display messages. a device is marked as lost
if
> > the last message is the heartbeat interval times the number in
the
> > hbeats column plus 10 seconds . the later is just to allow for
any
> > slight delays.
> >
> > James
> >
> > On 6 Jun 2009, at 14:38, max barker wrote:
> >

> >> On the devices settings tab, are the lost and found yes/no
options
> >> for sending BSC & display messages or just display
messages? I
> assume
> >> the hBeat column is for the number of heartbeats missed
before a
> >> device is considered lost?
> >>
> >> I'm seeing some inconsistancy in xMonitors tracking of
devices lost
> >> status. Hubs appear to be tracked correctly and promptly, but
> pretty
> >> much everything else tends to stay reported as "On"
regardless of
> >> whether the device is still running or not. Quick example, I
pulled
> >> the power to Kevins C-Bus Gateway and closed a couple of
> instances of
> >> Watcher, and twenty minutes later they are still being
reported as
> >> "On". This isn't 100% repeatable though, I did the
power test with
> >> the C-Bus gateway last night and got a pretty quick
"off" result.

> >> Max
> >>
> >> 2009/6/6 Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx
> >> <mailto:groups2@xxxxxxx>>
> >>
> >> Cool - thanks James :)
> >>
> >> Paul.

On Behalf Of JamesTraynor
> >> <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>

> can
xapbsc.event and
> >> State=Off
> >> is lost,
extend all

Paul Gale <groups2@...>

xAP device

release

xMonitor was
optionally
> display
to demo the use
> >> of the
jquery.

polling
tablesorter which gives
> >> a nice
incoming
> >> messages. You
of devices (
messages
> from a
or tweak it
> before

will give some
> >> examples
useful app in its
> own
> >> > > >
> >> Download: http://mi4.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=159
> >> <http://mi4.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=159>

bugs and the
> >> code will
with a full
> >> installer.

> <!-- #ygrp-mkp{ border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-family: Arial;
> margin: 14px 0px; padding: 0px 14px; } #ygrp-mkp hr{ border: 1px
> solid #d8d8d8; } #ygrp-mkp #hd{ color: #628c2a; font-size: 85%; font-
> weight: bold; line-height: 122%; margin: 10px 0px; } #ygrp-mkp
> #ads{ margin-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mkp .ad{ padding: 0 0; } #ygrp-
> mkp .ad a{ color: #0000ff; text-decoration: none; } --> <!--
#ygrp-
> sponsor #ygrp-lc{ font-family: Arial; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc
> #hd{ margin: 10px 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 78%; line-
> height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{ margin-bottom: 10px;
> padding: 0 0; } --> <!-- #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;
font-family: