Latest message you have seen: xFx Hub and viewer - latest builds?

BSC Protocol question

  • Subject: BSC Protocol question
  • From: "mx773406" <mx773406@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:53:26 -0000

Hi everyone -

I'm working on a xAP interface to the Applied Digital Adicon line of
hardware. It allows 128 modules, with digital, analog inputs, relay
outputs, and IR modules with 16 zones and 1024 Stored IR commands. The
hardware is addressed by Module (the Adicon device) and Point (the
relay, input, or IR zone) on the module. For the IR you also specify
an index to a stored IR command.

I'm using the BSC schema and I need a bit of assistance.

The way I understand the BSC command schema to work is this:

You can use the target subaddress to send a command to a particular
device. I would use it as Module.Point.IRIndex (if an IR command)

You could wildcard the subaddress to send the command to all the
points on a module (ModuleIndex.*) or the same Point on every module
(*.PointIndex).

Or, and here's where I need some assistance, you can wildcard the
subaddress (*.* or *.> or >) and then send commands to the points
using the message body using the ID key to specify the device. This is
a 2 digit hex number. The problem is the 2 digit hex number is not
large enough, and is not capable of specifying a particular device.

Examples:

Sending several IR commands to same zone
Subaddress ModuleIndex.PointIndex (zone).* or >

Message Body
ID=(the IR command to send) I need to specify up to 1024, but 2 hex
digits are not enough
State=on (not used here)

Sending different commands to different devices
Subaddress *.* or >

Message Body
ID=Module and point here also 2 hex digits are not enough

The point to all this is to make sure A: I correctly understand the
xapbsc.cmd schema and B: confirm that for this device type (Adicon) I
need to modify the schema to make it work.

Thanks for your time

Matt