Latest message you have seen: xAP for Squeezebox Server

Re: xAP Ping 3 beta 4 released

  • Subject: Re: xAP Ping 3 beta 4 released
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:01:44 -0000

thanks this fixed my vbcontrol error!  now that i can use ping, is it
possible to have a message sent when an ip address changes?  for
example, i have a remote location that's on a dhcp connection.  i've
got it on dyndns so i can ping it and not worry about the ip address,
but i allow access from that ip address in my firewall.  every time it
changes (once a month or so) i need to update the ip address in my
firewall.  i was hoping to use this to notify me when the ip address
changes.

thanks!

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:

> Ping 3 lets you check remote devices. It can check by ping, by tcp
> connection, by http download, by http proxy download, ODBC databases,
> Windows free memory and Windows drive space. Being Intranet enabled it
> is all web based and easy to configure. Also the results from the
tests
> can be overlayed onto maps/siteplans/photos to give clear
indications of