Latest message you have seen: Re: Anyone using a MiCasaVerde Vera ?

Re: howto use bsc or homeseer.command to control homeseer device?

  • Subject: Re: howto use bsc or homeseer.command to control homeseer device?
  • From: "paul6138" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:35:24 -0000

Kevin,

Got it with the help from your other post and it not being 1am when
I am trying - for the sake of "completeness" incase anyone hits
the
same question and turns up this thread.

This works for homeseer device D6 called Decorations in location
Lounge....

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF812800
class=xapbsc.cmd
source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
target=mi4.homeseer.robin.D:*.*
}
output.state.1
{
ID=06
State=OFF
}

I used the viewer app to catch the device change event that
homeseer/xap conduit produced when I toggled the device from
homeseer - as follows:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF411506
class=xAPBSC.event
source=mi4.homeseer.robin.D:Lounge.Decorations
}
output.state
{
state=ON
}

Note: If the device is "virtual" OR is a  plugin generated device
with a housecode like [ or \ then you get a number (I am guessing
ASCII) instead of the "v" or "\" characters.

So my virtual device v8 called testvirt in location Virtual came
across as mi4.homeseer.robin.118:Virtual.testvirt and the bsc
command target=mi4.homeseer.robin.118:*.* with an id of 08
controlled it fine.

Thanks for your help on this - saved some hair pulling that I'll
reserve for the other half of the app.

Paul