Latest message you have seen: Re: XAP integrated into web page

Re: New member introduction

  • Subject: Re: New member introduction
  • From: "darrenp_lock" <darrenlock@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:55:43 -0000

Hi Simon,

sounds a little similar to something I have been doing on and off for
the last few 10 months (I get about 1 day a month to look at this :( )

I am using the Quaser Temp Logger - I wrote a VB.Net/C# Win32 service
to generate xAP messages (bespoke - although I want to add BSC
support in the next few weeks). I think I based the code around
Edward's Quasar source code - I keep meaning to check this so I can
give the credit where it is due.

I use Edward's X10 connector to control AD10's that control the
boiler and activtate the Zone valves.

I wrote a bespoke Vb.Net app to emulate a programmable thermostat
taking the Quasar xap messages and then send the X10 BSC messages. I
have also created a xap interface from MainLobby to the Quasar xap
messages such that I can display the thermostat values on my touch
screens although I may move over to James' Floorplan for this.

It is all rather hacked together at present but works well. Currently
I am writing a Win32 service to generate BSC messages from an
W800RF32 receiver. Once I have finished this I will go and tidy up
the other bits.

Rgds, Darren.
http://www.darrensgarage.com/nodezero

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Simon McCaughey