Latest message you have seen: Re: xfx express hub and VPN

New member introduction

  • Subject: New member introduction
  • From: Simon McCaughey <simonmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:50:09 +0100

Hi

I have just joined the list. Looking forward to some good stuff on here.

I am currently in the process of writing a few applications (c#) to
control my heating at  home - my end goals would be as follows:
- Use VIOM to control zones
- PC GUI Client to configure heating (on/off times etc)
- SMS Control / status (using www.bulksms.co.uk)
- Yahoo IM control
- Using the Quasar RS232 temperature module to input temperature info
into the system

I have spent the last few evenings writing test code to communicate
with my RS232 devices, and when I was trying to decide what way my
modules should communicate I stumbled on XAP.

>From what I can see XAP seems to do everything I need (and more). I do
find it quite a lot to get my head around.

I am interested in the "Schema" - are there any nice simple
examples
of using Schema out there? I think I may need some new schema too
(such as Instant Messaging)

Also, I don't understand the nature of the message transmissions - is
the receiver set anywhere, or is it just broadcast?

I intend to make all my code freely available, so if I can help
anyone, that's great.

Looking forward to getting stuck in :)

Simon