Latest message you have seen: Re: Code release Nanode xAP One Wire Temp

Re: Help With Caller ID Please

Hello Kevin

Welcome to the xAP group,   comments inline...

turner228 wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am running Homeseer 1.7.7 and the latest xAP Conduit and xAP
>Desktop that are available on the sites for download

Do make sure you have a recent version as there have been loads of good
things added - what version do you have ?

>I have a caller ID script using a zoom modem within Homeseer which
>among other things does a number to name lookup when a call is
>received
>
>I have recently added the option to send a caller.incoming message
>via the conduit and in accordance with the schema (not 100% happy
>with the new subroutine, bit its coming)

The schema was created at a time when British Telecom were intending to
include the callers name information within the CLIP packet sent with an
incoming call - but they never did this. One approach which would work
with xAP Desktop without modification (as you are really implementing a
name lookup within HomeSeer) is to send the callers name  information in
a different schema called CID.LOOKUP with a message block naming of
CID.INFO  .  If you changed your HS script to this then the xAP Desktop
display will pick it up correctly as this is what it is looking out for
. Please note I have very quickly/roughly hacked the information to send
this schema (as below) and haven't checked that the included parameters
actually match the schema - (very bad). Pasting the below message into
Viewer and sending it works for me...   you might want to remove the
quotes around the name too.

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF411100
class=CID.lookup
source=mi4.homeseer.hserver.Master
}
CID.info
{
datetime=20041017152000
rnname=Available
type=Voice
name=Mr A.N.Other
phone=01472000000
rnnumber=Available
}

Out of interest you might want to look at the following - locate the
DisplayXX folder within xAP Desktop that holds your CallerID display
files. In there you will see a SETTINGS.TXT  file which will contain
something like the following lines...

---------------------------------xAP Variables
xAPVar=number,>,cid.incoming,cid.incoming,phone,200,20
xAPVar=name,>,cid.lookup,cid.info,name,255,10
xAPVar=std,>,cid.lookup,cid.info,stdarea,-1,-1
xAPVar=dialled,>,cid.meteor,outgoing.digitpressed,dialled,200,10
xAPVar=title,>,cid.meteor,outgoing.callinitiated,datetime,255,10
xAPVar=company,>,cid.lookup,cid.info,company,-1,-1

... here you will see that an internal variable called 'name' is being
sassigned a value based on the content of the NAME parameter in the
CID.INFO block within the CID.LOOKUP schema . This is how xAP Desktop is
currently picking up the things it is displaying.  You could actually
achieve the same result as above  by changing that line to

xAPVar=name,>,cid.incoming,cid.incoming,name,255,10

if you wanted - without having to change your HS code.  This is also
maybe a better approach for you as you do not have a xAP CID application
running - you are really emulating one via HS.

The SETTINGS.TXT files contain all the bits that make individual xAP
Desktop applications work - they are well worth exploring as you can do
some amazing things  ... take a look at some of the more complex
examples too (eg News) as you can have scripts associated with each
Display too.

>I have a PC and a Laptop running the Desktop and both display the
>calling number but not the name.
>
>Homeseer Log says
>
>17/10/2004 15:20:28~!~CID_UK~!~CID.incoming
>{
>Type=Voice

<SNIP>

>Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
>(Interesting that the order in which Homeseer displays the data is
>different to what the viewer displays)

Yes - the order of parameters within a block was deemed originally to be
not important - and indeed some applications actually re-order the
parameters - the xFx applications do this. Later discussion has decided
that it is better to try and preserve the order and so an update to
address thsi is on the 'to do' list - awaiting the last throws of summer
to end - returning the author toevenings of programming once again ;-)

>Thanks
>Kevin

Kevin