Latest message you have seen: RE: OpenRemote

New SlimServer Connector now available

  • Subject: New SlimServer Connector now available
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:48:00 +0000

Hi folks,

Well, it has taken me a bit longer than I originally anticipated to
get this one out!!!

It was mainly because I wanted to provide a GUI version in addition to
the traditional console and Windows Service versions. The graphical
presentation and configuration of all the information flowing between
the SlimServer and the xAP network took longer than I expected.

This is because the GUI application that the SlimConnector runs within
isn't specifically designed purely for the SlimConnector. In fact it
is entirely unaware of what the SlimConnector does, and will thus work
across all of my xAPplication plugins. The exact same SlimConnector
module file is used for the console and service versions, only the
interface changes. I'll update the other modules in due time.

Plus I managed to really slow things down earlier this year and needed
to accelerate it again, which I believe has been successful.

There are some pretty pictures and online documentation here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=9";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=9</a>>

These don't fully describe all the features of the GUI runtime
application that the SlimConnector is running within (as you can see
there are some toolbar buttons that are disabled for now) but you
might recognise the family resemblance to my other xAPFramework
powered xAP applications. A lot of this common code lives in the
various components of xAPFramework.NET now.

All Slim Connector builds are available for download here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=25";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=25\
</a>>

These new builds have an awful lot of new features contained within
them, which I'll describe in due course. As a replacement for the
previous version, you will probably only notice the differences if
you're running something like xAP Viewer, which will get quite excited
now... ;)

Do let me know of any problems you encounter.

Enjoy,

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=8-RxCdS1Ud9luMwkhnyJ3k8A5saaQWNlO772oW9Tbppo-dy4TcuoVSKxn7Afk8gnlKitZ7eTydqAUqKICA">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net