Latest message you have seen: Re: Anyone using a MiCasaVerde Vera ?

Hub problems

  • Subject: Hub problems
  • From: robkearns
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:36:00 +0000

I've just started playing with xAP and I'm having a few problems
getting it running...

I have a xAP Message Viewer and a Slimp3 Connector running on my
laptop with the Squeezebox server running on another pc. When I turn
on my Slimp3 I get messages in the Slimp3 Connector window but
nothing in the Viewer. I would have expected to see at least the
heartbeat messages in the Viewer. I know the Viewer is running as a
hub because if I start a GUI xAPHub I get a message that the port is
already in use.

I've also started a xAPWeather which successfully connects to the BBC
site but again I see no messages in the Viewer.

From reading the xAP spec I assume the Slimp3 Connector and Weather
apps would connect as clients and the Viewer would show all traffic
that it forwards to its clients. I also assume that the clients are
compatibly with a xAP hub as I don't get any warning about the base
port already being in use when I start them after starting the hub
which would have already opened the base port.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob