Latest message you have seen: Re: xAP for Squeezebox Server (Solved)

Re: Installing SliMP3 addins

  • Subject: Re: Installing SliMP3 addins
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:54:00 +0000

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:19:30 +0100, "Matt Shaw" <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=XGgQBx3szR8APDe8v7BDJUe2MSJaU1VB5r3K-Nat78oz4NjY7AMNRSfZUz7CYx5mRTEFrGQQC5pkQl3YVA">yahoo@c...</a>>
wrote:

>OK looking at it a fresh this morning - I was running everything you
>mentioned... confused me for a bit but the POP3 is running as a
service.

Ahhh, could that explain things a little bit possibly? If you edit the
.exe.config file you must stop and restart the Service to have it pick
up its new settings. Could that be a step missed somewhere?

When you install it, it isn't automatically started. This gives you a
chance to edit the .config file and then start it.

A reboot also does the job.

>OK last thing then. <Grin> how do I turn the console over to
being a
>service - now I'm happy it's working OK. (I think you mentioned you can
>do that).

If you go back to the links in the previous messages they take you to
the application page on my web site. There you can choose between the
Console version and the Service version. Later on these will feature
the GUI versions (but I have to STOP doing all these new features,
changes and tweaks I keep fiddling with to get these done!)

Looks like you maybe chose the Console versions for 2 of the 3, but
the Service one for the third. Maybe they're mixed round on the
website and you just picked the first? I'll have to check that.

Also, when you install the service versions you'll again have to tweak
the .config files, but the settings are exactly the same between the
service and console versions.

>A very happy Matt.

Marvellous :-)

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=hx0wpk2EQj44kb_XOnmIKt7dS_cjkgH2D44B6iOIQNI_9-Xgyeu8cLje6ZkXnmrQEL_u96uRNFa3f2P_KA">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net