Latest message you have seen: xAP-X10 schema error and improvements

RE: Progress on the xAP to C-Bus gateway

  • Subject: RE: Progress on the xAP to C-Bus gateway
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:48:00 +0000

> > Timeswitch functionality within the gateway (as this is a sadly
> > lacking feature within base C-Bus installs).
>
> It's not? Disappointing.

No - you can add the clock/timer/SceneMaster/Touchscreen modules but there
is no 'switch my lights on at 6pm and off at 1am ability as standard within
either a switch or a load control (relay or dimmer). But of course with xAp
you wont need it !

> > Basic emulation of a C-Gate server Telnet interface, ( event or
> > loadchange) - to allow support for say, HomeGate.
>
> Do you mean it will emulate the 500 C-Bus ethernet module?

Nope - Clipsal make a software product called C-Gate that basically
provides
a tcp/ip socket level access to C-Bus implemented through a number of
Telnet
ports. HomeGate, C-Lution & C-Schedule connect to C-Bus via this
software
'middleware' - I may be able to provide a partial implementation that would
work for say HomeGate ( which is really the only affordable package
anyway).

I don't know how practical (or sensible) it would be to emulate the
Ethernet
interface - I suspect not, although I hope to be able to support it as a
way
of connecting to C-Bus (rather than a SIM) in due course if I can get hold
of the appropriate information for it.