Latest message you have seen: Re: XAP integrated into web page

Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!

  • Subject: Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:28:00 +0000

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:46:34 +0100, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=1Ef56XXcJm1ifqWVpcJkgtu6XSjrRSPn_HqpGzufnGpj5H3tddYYSI_YfSBcm10rwYCgGnNwm_eIpn3jgij4">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> For what it's worth your connector worked for me first time Stuart -
>and I was using XP and 4.1 beta SliMP3 server (from CVS however) - I
have
>run it for quite a while (weeks) and the server didn't crash.

Same for me, I've been running 4.1 for an unknown number of weeks now.
Just haven't got around to upgrading it any further. Oddly enough I
did download it, but never updated it.

> I'll try running it up on the latest version if that helps ??

From what Max is reporting I wouldn't try it. I'll fix the problem
shortly. I'm wondering whether I should solely target the new
addressing scheme and make the v4.2.2 server software a mandatory
requirement for it, or attempt to determine the server version and do
both. I'll probably do the former and leave the old version of the
Slim connector available as an option.

> Maybe it's that 'DEADBEEF' uid that cocks it up ;-) ;-)

Yeah, yeah... ;-)

> I have the .xap files associated with your SEND application so I can
>just double click them to send xAP messages - it's easier for demo's -
I use
>right click and 'open with...NotePad to edit them.

Easier to setup desktop shortcuts too, rather than inputing the
name/path of the Send app and the path to the .xAP message. Maybe I'll
try that out.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=l7W6OPZUqIstn9m-H2rou30vTEKkc1-No5cQwlBuDnbPWfS6K9bm7ot6IS7teDF6obrJe7_cZeRZ040w2sJvrQ">stuart@x...</a>