Re: Smartthings?

Nope ... not at all ... not one little bit...

...now where's my shotgun?

Phil

Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...

> On 8 Dec 2015, at 14:20, Paul Gale groups2@xxxxxxx [ukha_d]
<ukha_d@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mmm, Gets so confusing - there are so many potential options!
>
> I have god the Christmas tree lights automated and Hue bulbs turn on +
Sonos speaker plays Christmas music - all on a motion detect!

> That's not going to get annoying at all is it!?
>
> Paul.

updated in the SmartThings app for about 2 minutes.  So status is
> probably polled.   I didn't actually check it as a trigger. Also, as
> expected my Hue bulbs are not shown as local devices for hub control.
> I'm not totally sure what path the linkage to Hue is taking.  It may
be possible to directly connect and control a Hue bulb from the ST Hub
bypassing the Hue hub / cloud although that would remove all the added
features (scenes etc) that the hub offers.  Osram lightify bulbs seem to
connect that way.

>  So looks similar to the Fibaro implementation and maybe not too
promising in terms of what you're wanting to do Paul.

>>  On 07/12/2015 18:22, Paul Gale groups2@xxxxxxx [ukha_d] wrote:
>> Thanks Kevin,
>>
>> No worries :)
>>
>> I've ordered a kit with extra plug for tomorrow - also playing
with that Linux software but had a few errors - so many or many not
continue with that too.

>> Do either of you have the presence sensor - any good?
>>

>> Paul.

Posted by: Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums