Re: [ukha_d] Sonos Sub Review – A Wireless Woofer Wonder

> For any Squeezebox users who haven't seen it yet (I only noticed
over Chr=
istmas) Logitech, in their wisdom, have killed off the Squeezebox range
(we=
ll actually replaced it with one or two dumbed down products called UE). I
=
picked up an ex-display SB Touch missing its power supply for =A382 from
Cu=
rrys which I'm pretty happy with, but the future for Squeezebox looks
prett=
y uncertain. I'm not sure one less competitor for Sonos is good news for
th=
eir customers either.

People are willing to pay for stuff that works well.  I think the
older you get, or the more family members rely on something,  the less
willing you are to fiddle and support the less elegant solutions.  I
always hear 'it's too dear', but the expensive stuff I've bought (like
Sonos) is the stuff that I get most enjoyment and least hassle from.
On the flip side I nearly always regret my economies.

M.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums