Re: Solar PV ?

I am using SolarSense, who are located in Backwell, so do all of
Bristol.  =
I know a number of people who've used them and been very satisfied.  I'm
us=
ing Sanyo HITs also and have a 3.84kW system for =A313650 so your quote
see=
ms good.   There are newer versions of the HITs around, and older ones are
=
a bit cheaper, so worth checking exact models.=20=20=20

There is a =A3200 intro fee, which I'd be happy to split with you if you
us=
e my name.  Email if you want details.

Ben

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Philip Coombes <philip.coombes@...> wrote:

> Following this post I just had a look at Tesco, who I didn't realise
did=
=20
> this, and they appear to have a general 20% off promotion at the
moment.=
=20
> I am looking for a 4kW system and according to this page,=20
> http://www.tescohomeefficiency.com/electricity-pricing/,
that will come=20
> in at around =A314,500, which is =A311,600 after the discount. I don't
kn=
ow=20
> what they offer for that though. I have asked them to contact me.
>=20
> I have had a quote from Domestic & General which is for =A313,300
and=20
> includes 16x Sanyo HIT panels, a Sunny Boy 3800 inverter and a
Sunnybeam=
=20
> Wireless Data Logger (with the USB on it). They came over as quite=20
> professional but this seemed a bit steep to me so I would be
interested=20
> to hear if anyone has had any experience with them and also if there
are=
=20
> any installers anyone would recommend in the Bristol area. I am a
nice=20
> vanilla install with no shading or obstructions, plenty of loft
access,=20
> and space for loads of panels facing 20 degrees West of South.
>=20
> Any recommendations in this area would be welcome.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Phil
>=20
> On 20/07/2011 09:23, Marcus Warrington wrote:
> > James,
> >
> > 8 weeks was about the same lead time as mine, which are due to be
insta=
lled on Monday :). I think all the (decent) installers are very busy at
the=
moment, given the greater awareness of the Fits scheme, the imminent incre=
ase in electricity costs and very sunny weather we've been having recently.

> > I managed to get 3.99KWh passed by our DNO (Electricity North
West) but=
they are now *trying* to backtrack to 3.84KWh. My installer was telling me=
that the DNO's use different nominal voltage values for their calculations=
. Northwest use 240V so we are fortunate that our maximum is 3.84KWh but I
=
guess WesternPower use 230V to compute their maximum hence 3.64KWh. He was
=
also telling me about another client who's DNO wanted to charge them
=A3450=
0 to go above the 16amp limit! That's effectively =A34500 for an extra
190W=
att (3.80 to 3.99)

> > When "Tesco" quoted for our install they wouldn't quote
for anything ov=
er 3.64KWh because of the potential issues with DNO's,and they still came
o=
ut as the most expensive quote, even against others quoting for 3.99!
When=
Tesco rang me back to ask what I thought of their quote I told them I had =
decided to go with a cheaper quote. The lady on the phone then immediately
=
offered me a 20% discount, dropping their quote from =A313999 to =A311200
a=
nd still with =A3200 clubcard points. Tactics like this really annoy me,
ba=
sically inflating the initial charge and then reducing it if the customer
d=
oesn't accept it.... needless to say they still didn't get my custom!

> > I guess your pretty much south facing to get those annual
estimates.

> > Marcus

Of James Fidell
> > Sent: 19 July 2011 17:45
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Solar PV ?
> >

> > Well, I've just sent off the deposit and contract for my own
solar PV
> > installation. Lead time is six to eight weeks for the installer
I've
> > chosen, but he was by far the most professional and confidence-
> > inspiring of those I saw.
> >
> > I'm having 14 x 260W panels installed which is slightly lower
than I'd
> > have liked or have space for, but apparently Western Power (our
DNO) ar=
> > exceptionally inflexible when it comes to the 16A/phase limit for
> > export.
> >
> > Estimated output is between 3000 and 3100 kW per year, which I
think
> > I'll be happy with.
> >
> > James

>=20