Latest message you have seen:

Re: Mac losing display through hdmi matrix....any ideas

Noel

I have had a similar problem with my mac mini poising sync with my denon
amp when the mac source is not selected. In my case detect display would
not fix the issue.

The only solution I have found is a free app called HDMIreviver. I run this
at bootup and it 'revives' the hdmi sync every 5 min and prevents the sync
loss.

Give it a try. I think it may work

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Jan 2011, at 22:03, "noel" <noel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping some of you may have experienced this and have a fix for
me!!

> I've just installed my MacBook pro into node 0, running the dvi output
to a dvi-hdmi adapter and into a 4x2 hdmi matrix

> The second source into the matrix is an apple tv.  Just using this for
video only with audio being handled separately.

> Outputs of the matrix are my lounge projector 720p and a bedroom LCD
also at 720p

> Problem I have is if i switch the matrix so both screens are watching
the apple tv ie no display routed from the mac then the mac 'loses' the
external display so when i select the matrix to show the mac again the
projector/tv show no source.  I have to click detect displays on the mac to
get them to pick them up again.

> If I use the matrix to keep one display on the mac then when i switch
the other back all is fine.

> So I need to find a way to ideally have the mac auto detect the
displays or find a solution to the problem?  It's not likely to be a
massive issue as the apple tv will get minimal use but it's annoying so I'd
like to resolve.