Re: {Disarmed} New Remote Controlled Thermostatic Electronic Radiator Valve

I agree - I think it's a bizarre product and very over-engineered for
just one radiator! (if you're going down this route look at the Pegler,
Conrad or Honeywell ones). Imagine having to programme 10 of the things!

I am convinced from my own experience that room zoning will save
significant fuel especially if the house is not 100% occupied. Large
houses, or houses where often only one person is at home using one or two
rooms (say, working from home), have the most to gain since you're not
heating rooms at times you don't need them. But that needs a centralised
control system and either a manifold distribution system (like I have) or
remote controlled valves on all radiators. Domestic control systems are
still in their infancy (e.g. Honeywell CM) and often don't cope with more
than a few zones (and are expensive), or you go down the bespoke route. I
have home-grown scripts (and will probably use Misterhouse when the round
tuit arrives) & 1-wire relays on the manifold actuators... hence how
got involved with this group!

Simon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums