Re: Going completely wireless?

On 10/08/2011 17:22, Steven Goodwin wrote:
> I've recently moved house, and in doing so took out all my (old)
> network cables and AV looms and packed them away. I'm ready to unpack
> them and run cables throughout the house, although SWMBO pressure
> means I shouldn't be drilling holes through the nice walls, and am not
> able to re-plaster the whole house for the sake of a few cables :(
> [there's also ceiling-wall edge coving in every room to make it
> obvious if I try and sneak a piece of trunking in]

Any chance you can get away with running cables externally down from the
loft hidden (behind drain pipes?) to suitable enough locations? Seems
overly mean if that approach has been ruled out by SWMBO!

Failing that (assuming it's a new build with hollow walls) I'd hope a
good electrician would be able to hook through cables without requiring
a whole re-plaster.

I've never had much luck with wireless/powerline. It'll mostly do for
laptops for general use, but streaming just seems to push it too far.

Joseph

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums