Hands On: Upgrading Our MacBook to SSD PLUS a 1TB Hard Drive

  • Subject: Hands On: Upgrading Our MacBook to SSD PLUS a 1TB Hard Drive
  • From: Mark McCall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 09:27:05 +0100

In a quest to make our MacBook last out until next years rumoured
major redesign (carbon fibre anyone?) we decided to do the trendy
thing and install an SSD.  However we've always been used to having a
big hard drive so the 128GB SSD we chose wasn't going to allow us to
hold our entire LightRoom library and video files on the laptop like
we're used to.  The solution?  Removing our un-used optical drive and
replacing it with one of the recently launched 1TB 2.5" 9.5mm hard
drives.  SSD speed plus a capacious spindle to store all our stuff on,
does it get much better than this?  It's an easy project that anyone
can follow.  Here's how we did it...

http://autoho.me/ppQItC

M.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums