Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: RTIs New T3-V+ Universal Controller

Re: Re: Aurora LEDZWORLD GU10 Dimmable LED - Best Price ?

Simon
Knowing that GU10 are not the best for energy
efficiency, I still went that route as it seems
to be a common base over halogens, leds, cfls and
dimmable cfls. So we are chopping and changing as
the technology arrives (currently have 5 dimmable
cfls in the hall for example). Also can mix and
match (22 low power leds + 2 halogens over
armchairs which are now 2 higher power leds over
armchairs). I put single high power leds in a
bathroom and needed special transformers. All in
all it is a "developing technology scene"!
Rgds
Peter
At 11:33 08/11/2010, you wrote:

>I'm interested in MR16 too. I've got Osram
>electronic transformers on my kitchen lights -
>something like up to 60VA output IIRC. I wonder
>how efficiently they work with LED lights, or
>whether I'd need to rejig the transformers so
>that, say, 6 fittings with 3W LEDs share one
>transformer? Alternatively I could replace the
>connector with a GU10 one, earth the lamp
>chassis, remove the transformers and use 240V
>version - would be a shame though as I bought
>12V MR16s as they were a little more energy
>efficient. It doesn't look like MR16 LEDs are
>any cheaper than GU10 ones (despite not needing
>the internal transformer) either.
>

>Simon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums