Re: X10 AD10 Question

Can the CBus protocol be pushed over ethernet? then you could use
powerline
networking adaptors over your mains cable to the cabin.

Alternatively (IIRC) CBus only needs the pink cable where it is in
proximity
to mains voltage cables, could you run some exterior grade cat5 above
ground
to the cabin and change back to the pink stuff once inside?

HTH,

Tim.

wrote:

> > > I'm trying to sort out the wiring for the control of some
lights on a
> new
> > > log cabin I've just built at the end of my garden.  In an
ideal world
> I'm
> > > looking for control via X10, a local control and PIR sensor
and am
> > thinking
> > > this could be done with an AD10 and a wired PIR.  If I'm
right the
> > switched
> > > live from the PIR would be connected to "Terminal
1" and the switched
> > live
> > > from a momentary switch would be connected to "Terminal
2".  This would
> > give
> > > me the ability to a) switch the lights on/off remotely b)
the lights