Re: [OT] e-mail

You don't mention which email provider you are using, but most ISPs
that
provide email will not allow sending email when not directly connected
to their network (known as mail relaying). Receiving email is not
affected. Some ISPs block it outright and others will allow it, only
after being authenticated by using a valid username / password combination.

This is to prevent spammers using your mailbox to spam everyone else.

Geoff

c8les wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm currently working away from home and while at home I can
send/receive my e-mails through outlook fine.
> when away (using the B&B's wifi) I can receive e-mail but fail to
send unless I log into the online server, a pain.
> with my limited knowledge I think its some of my settings to do with
me 'smtp'. Is there a way to solve this?