Re: [OT] PIC(?) Microprocessor/DHCP tester

  • Subject: Re: [OT] PIC(?) Microprocessor/DHCP tester
  • From: "starbug1234" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 01:36:21 -0000

Hi Kevin,

Re: budget - that would be a grand total of =A30.  This will be a self
fund=
ing project to help me learn something new.

There are testers on the market, but they all add lots of additional
functi=
onality that I'd never need, but add to the cost.  A home grown solution
wo=
uld be a great learning exercise and enable me to add only the features I
n=
eed.

You mention Rabbit and Tibbo - both of which I've never heard of!  DO you
h=
ave any examples/links to get me started?  I will of course do some
googlin=
g... ;-)

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

> Easily done... and a Rabbit based solution is also worth considering
-=20
> perhaps using one of their dev kits that include LCD/Ethernet.
Not=20
> sure how important a nice case is to you but the code side is very=20
> straightforward - in C.      Or perhaps even easier for a learning=20
> project would be a Tibbo module that is already cased and
programmable=20
> in Basic.
>=20
> There must be off the shelf boxes that do exactly this too - might
save=20
> a few headaches and countless hours - sounds like you'll have thr
budget=
=20