Re: Bye Bye Standby (BBSB) Network Controller Firmware for B&Q HomeEasy

Hi Bruce,

I've got a great interest in BBSB, but am not yet brave enough to risk
my online controller to your cause.  Would like to see this progress
further though, as I also have a few Home Easy devices, which would be
great if they could be integrated into the BBSB set up.

Q.

2009/10/6 bruce33sw <watson2@xxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
>
> I bought a Bye Bye Standby Network Controller (http://www.byebyestandby.com/byebyestandbyonline.html)
and some of their sockets - controllable over UDP, all was happy. Then, on
impulse, I bought a magnetic door switch and light bulb holder from B&Q
(HomeEasy HE309 by the looks of it). Then I thought.. "How hard can it
be" to get the HomeEasy to play nice with the Network Controller...

> Well, some amount of grief later, I've got the bare bones of something
just about working. I've put my findings to date on http://sites.google.com/site/slangey/misc/bbsb
and thought I'd broadcast this to a known friendly audience first.

> If anyone has one of these BBSB Network Controllers that is interested
in helping improve this - by testing/coding/suggestions/whatever then
please get in touch.

> A word of caution - this is very early stuff, I haven't even begun to
implement any of the external web facing code (domia.eu) but it seems to
let me turn on/off and receive events from both kinds of devices over UDP -
which is what I need just now.