Re: Re: Apple at it again..

OK I now feel the need to chip in here.

I have a mix of ipods in the house Touch V1, Classic, Nano, Mini,
Shuffle v2, even a v1 MBP and now an old goose neck iMac. The Touch
wont talk to my 360, the mini will only charge on firewire, the video
lead for the classic doesn't work with the touch. They are a standards
nightmare. I have no problem with USB spoofing on iTunes (just like I
had no problem installing XBMC on the xbox), we never bought them for
the software we bought them because the looked nice and met a need at
the time.

Apple do have a fall coming, they are no longer the underdogs they are
top dog in the portable audio world. They must start to change their
business tactics or they will come a cropper.MS survived the windows
law suits as they had office to pull them out of it. Apple are almost
a one trick pony, if it looks like they are being monopolistic and
unfair people and organisations will start to take notice.

Like most of you I am not adverse to a little creative use of hardware
and even software and as I look round my study I see a pile of old
bits and pieces that with a little effort I could turn into working
devices. Unlike my apple drawer where dead and dieing iPods go because
sometime resus is just not worth the effort.

Sean
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes.