Re: Fw: My twittering house

  • Subject: Re: Fw: My twittering house
  • From: "Duncan" <duncan.sample@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:13:28 -0000

Sounds like fun.  It'll be more interesting when Twitter is the way
all the household devices talk to each other (eg, movement detected sends a
message and then music in that room changes).

Something I'm a little concerned about though, is I'd rather have that kind
of thing running on my own private instance of Laconi.ca to be sure no-one
else has access to it, and also to make sure it's always available... You
don't want your burglar alarm having problems tweeting when you're getting
broken into :o)

Duncan

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "beams_chris" <beams_chris@...>
wrote:

> Gareth ,
>
> how are you getting the updates from SONOS ??? Homeseer perhaps?
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:
> >
> > Indeed. It goes to a private twitter account.
> >

> > Is your Twitter name "BurgleMe"? ;-)
> >
> > 2009/6/29 Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
> >

> > > If anyone is interested, I've 'twitterfied' my house.
> > >
> > > So far the important ones are Alarm updates from Comfort (ie
security
> > off
> > > (only if it was in away mode), away mode, fire alerts,
intruder
> > > alerts,etc).
> > >
> > > Frivilous tweets such as Sonos Zone changes (could do a
what's playing),
> > > CBUS changes (ie outside movement and in comfort away mode),
new
> > > voicemails on comfort, garage door opened, CBUS current
outside
> > > temperature, etc.
> > >
> > > Should if you want to know more.
> > >
> > > G.
> > >
> > > Unless stated otherwise above:
> > > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales
with number
> > > 741598.
> > > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,
Hampshire PO6