Re: Video motion recording software

Hi Jim,

I've used iVelocity before which ticks all  your boxes (ok I dont know
about capture cards - so maybe all) - and, interestingly now, is free!
The 'drawing' over the picture works by drawing boxes over your image
and setting up 'difference per box' limit. Each of these boxes triggers
if a set number of pixels change per frame. There is then a record level
set up to record when 'x' number of boxes triggers - sounds complex but
real easy!

http://irecord.initsys.co.uk/

As an aside - there was (is?) a library add-on you could use for auto
number plate recognition! If it knows about the camera - it will also
control its ptz controls , you can up partrols, set for night mode
(different patrols etc), hook up IR detectors via an iDigital and get
cameras to track and zoom. In fact - it used to be their camera alarm
system but looks like there is 'Azimuth' which is now top of the pile.

hth
Wayne.

and - no - I dont work for them - just used the software a few times :-)